AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help with Planter Part
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/1/2014 14:52 (#3896623 - in reply to #3896561)
Subject: RE: Help with Planter Part

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for the quick replies, you were all correct. I thought about it after lunch and went back to the planter and yes, the spring part was still attached to the cover. I paid closer attention after that and found one on another row where the entire assembly was missing including the phillips screw.

This planter got switched around several times this Spring. First the eSet corn disks were installed and we got a field planted. Then the weather turned and it was decided to do some no-till soybeans. After doing two field of soybeans the weather seemed to improve so back to corn and then back to soybeans. In the meantime a major drainage improvement project was going on in a field which needed to be corn. They got far enough that the majority of the field could be planted to corn last week. We were literally planting corn in the main part of this field as they did two other mains which were on the edges.

After they got done with that it was switch back to soybeans for about 15 acres on the new main lines. There was only about a day in between laying the lines, packing them with a Cultipacker, working them up and planting.

Finally today, I switched back to corn for the commercial Sweet Corn which is scheduled for this week. Most of the time I did the switching myself (work that the old can still do). I know I spent more time switching back and forth for the 15 acres of soybeans than it did to plant them.

I should be done switching, except well there's always hail and then replant soybeans.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)