AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need Help with JD8630 steering feedback cylinder - missing clip
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 5/3/2014 12:05 (#3851545)
Subject: Need Help with JD8630 steering feedback cylinder - missing clip

Tractor tends to steer to the left if just idling, but steers ok in the field. I installed an outback hydraulic valve and it would steer left but not right. After some service people discussion (many not born when the tractor was new), we determined the cheapest fix and most likely culprit is bad cylinder seals. Since the outback connects directly to the feedback cylinder I started there. JD had all the orings and cylinder pistons (there is one inside another) didn't appear to be damaged.

Upon reassembly I noticed I did not have what JD calls a lock washer and it looks like half of a washer on the parts diagram. It doesn't appear that I ever had the lockwasher in the cylinder. See part number 16. Since a new part is 100 miles away I'm considering creating the part, but I'm also wondering if there was some change in the feedback cylinder that would have eliminated the lockwasher usage (it's on the 30, 40 and 50 series parts lists).

I could really use some help figuring this out. It would be fantastic to find that the lockwasher was the source of the self steering and only one direction of steering with the outback.

thanks

Edited by Pat H 5/3/2014 12:07

(feedback cylinder.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments feedback cylinder.gif (47KB - 80 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)