AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"boog" Flush and charge spray boom method
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 4/28/2014 07:58 (#3840896)
Subject: "boog" Flush and charge spray boom method

South central, Nebraska
boog, I finally got a chance to take a few pictures of the setup I did on my spray boom to flush and charge the booms. It probably isn't a system that will work on every spray boom but it has worked good on the one I have.

I hope there are four pictures attached that will help explain the system.
If they are in order, picture 1 will be of a ball valve and male camlock screwed onto the end of the boom in place of an end cap. The flush/charge hose is also mounted as it would be to flush/charge the right boom.

Picture 2 is a stainless steel ball valve screwed in place of the middle boom end cap and then attached directly to the right boom section via rubber hose.

Picture 3 is that same valve from a different angle. These pipes originally were just capped and would fill with heavy product.

Picture 4 shows the green hose that is attached to the boom in the first picture coming back to the middle of the sprayer tank and attaching to the overflow hose that runs from the top of the tank.

The flush charge procedure is simple and not only loads the booms with fully mixed product but also purges all the air. I set pump pressure under 10 psi and having the hose attached to the left boom, I turn on the left boom. It is very easy to watch the clear overflow hose change from clear water to whatever product you are using.
Next step is opening the valve between center and left boom. This can be done while left boom is circulating. Step back to controller and switch middle boom on and left boom off. The clear overflow hose will again show the color change as the product flushes through.
Next step is to shut off boom and switch hose to right boom. Use the same steps as before including flush of the center boom as there will be a small amount of pipe to flush through the right half of the center section.
When done charging the booms, remember to close the stainless ball valves that separate the boom sections. You can also drain the hose into a 2.5 gallon jug and dump it right back into the spray tank. There is almost zero waste this way and booms are charged with 100% mixed product and air free.

Edited by cbSCNE 4/28/2014 08:53

(13986899684550.jpg)

(13986926710991.jpg)

(13986927132682.jpg)

(13986927445023.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 13986899684550.jpg (118KB - 131 downloads)
Attachments 13986926710991.jpg (101KB - 114 downloads)
Attachments 13986927132682.jpg (103KB - 121 downloads)
Attachments 13986927445023.jpg (121KB - 117 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)