AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How Did I do it? Android Phone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/21/2014 07:53 (#3828314 - in reply to #3828233)
Subject: RE: How Did I do it? Android Phone

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for the quick response. On Step #3, I had to choose Shortcut but otherwise it works as described. This is with a new phone.

Last Friday, I misplaced my phone and noticed this while driving my car. I knew the phone was somewhere in the car since the Bluetooth connection in my Ford Edge indicated that it was connected. I stopped along side the road and turned the car inside out looking for the phone. I finally decided to call someone which would still work through the car and have them call back in a few minutes after I had turned the car OFF. That way the phone ring would come through the normal speaker and I might be able to find the phone.

The person I called was not available so I decided to wait and try this later. On my way to the next town, I found that I had stuck the phone in my left back pants pocket in front of my wallet, which I have never done before. I was relieved to find the phone but noticed that I had cracked the case by sitting on it. The phone still worked but I wasn't sure for how long.

I bought a larger version of the same brand which although not too much bigger is much easier to type on. The unhelpful person at Wal-Mart gave me no help on moving my contacts from the old phone to the new. The new phone hooked up with my gmail account and all my accounts on the computer appeared on the new phone. Unfortunately there were several other contacts on the old phone which are not on the computer. I know there must have been a fairly easy way to get them transferred but I just retyped them in as the list needed some editing anyway.

I moved the larger memory card that I had bought for the first phone to the second which meant that pictures and music that I had on it are now available on the new phone. The contact list is apparently stored in the internal memory as this was not available on the new phone at first.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)