AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

plumbing with 2" suction hose
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 4/18/2014 22:57 (#3824435 - in reply to #3824327)
Subject: RE: plumbing with 2" suction hose

I just redid our tender trailer that had 3" ribbed black hoes. Too remove the hose from the barbs I heated the hose with a small lp bottle torch. When the hose was warm then I could pull it off, though sometimes I had to turn the hose to "thread" it off the barb. To clean the pipe threads on the hose barbs I sprayed "Ez-Off" oven cleaner on the threads & let sit for a couple hours. Most of the pipe dope would wash right. But in a few tpugh spots a had to use a small wire brush & some "Brake Clean"

To reassemble I used a light wrap of Teflon tape followed by Rector Seal "True Blue and the inside & outside threads. To get the hose on the barbs I used a liberal amount of Dawn dishwarsher soap on the barbs & inside the hose and lightly heated the hose. Hoses slipped right on. For hose clamps I used the "T-band" style tightened with a small cordless impact while the hose was still warm. . Just don't over do the tightening as you can break the clamp bolt. BTDT. Gonna put 4-=50# air on them in the morning to leak test.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)