AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disabled just not incapacitated
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 4/13/2014 14:29 (#3813163)
Subject: Disabled just not incapacitated

Little River, TX
Well to my great surprise, when I woke up, just before 5 am Thursday I could not keep my balance. I did manage to keep my balance, & let the dogs out. Then collapsed into a chair on the back porch.
A little later The dogs came back in so I retired to this computer to get my weather report from AWIS. After that pulled up the comic strips & E-Mail. .
Along about then I had an urge to barf and did. Poor wife thought the worst was happening. (Stroke or Heart )

Wham got dressed and on our way to the Horsepistol & the emergency room.
Good old S & W got busy and started looking and checking. By Noon they decided I needed to stay over for Observation.
By 4 pm I was in a bed, after some testing and pulling of blood &c, &c, &c!

By morning we started observing intensely. By Saturday morning. After a long day and night of further testing and blood draws they decided Saturday morning I could go home with a prescription for blood pressure and motion sickness. The problem was found by the Physical Therapist ! It is a bone chip in the inner ear that is out of place and upsetting my sense of balance. He popped my head around some and got things back on even keel.
So Now, I will see my regular DR who will prescribe physical therapy. In the mean time I am borrowing a walker to steady my gait

Actually I am ok, just slightly punch drunk. The sea Sick pills help a good bit, the walker helps a good bit, and if the chip settles down I will be back to what is considered my normal self.

So I am not in any health danger but I am in danger of falling as long as I am walking on a pair of Sea Legs.

Bill
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)