AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Generators for Grain Elevator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Maizeing
Posted 4/8/2014 18:18 (#3804676)
Subject: Generators for Grain Elevator

Ontario's middle east
We have recently had changes made to the demand part of our hydro billing. We are working on some negotiations but really don't think HydroOne cares. I am contemplating putting in a generator that would run some fans or material handling in the off season as we don't need that very often. We would just run from the grid when we are drying as that's when our big demand would occur. We have 2 driers one with 150 hp and one with 120 hp. I was thinking these would just require too big of generator when we get all the legs and drags going to be practical. We need about 1000 amps 575v. The demand charges for a few months drying wouldn't be a big deal when we actually use a significant amount of power but we can't incur them every month.
I also had a suggestion that I just completely disconnect and put in a multigen system with maybe up to 6 generators that would be synced and would kick in and out as needed, so you would only run one at minimum load greatly reducing fuel usage over one big one or 2 big ones. Just wondering what others are doing. TIA Pete

We also need to make our electrical supply an election issue this year..........
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)