AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guys with Airbags on their pickups...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Marketchaser
Posted 3/19/2014 06:37 (#3762511)
Subject: Guys with Airbags on their pickups...

Central Iowa
I have been running Firestone airbags on the back of my pickups for a while now. For those of you who have them and know what I am talking about when they give you stickers to stick inside your rear wheel wells to warn that you have airbags and "Do NOT lift truck by the frame". I am assuming that this is because it is hard on the bags to stretch them if you let the axles hang? OK...... these must just be designed for guys that pull campers or livestock trailers then, because for those of you who have ever loaded equipment onto trailers you know that depending on the trailer your back tires all but come off the ground. My flatbed tilts so that is not an issue, my dump trailer on the other hand is a different story, I have had many instances where the back tires Nearly come off the ground just dumping it. Let me say that I ALWAYS block my tires when dumping, and I don't get carried away like the guy in this video. Anybody ever have an airbag failure due to stretching? It had never dawned on me that I was doing this until I seen a video on youtube of a guy loading a dump trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw5VxxeBieI&list=PL0FCED3EBAEDA74C0

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)