AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Old school barn remodel (picture intense)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 3/16/2014 18:42 (#3757791 - in reply to #3757030)
Subject: RE: Old school barn remodel (picture intense)

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments.

The only issue with tearing down is it takes a lot to at least get a new shell back up and if one needs to borrow to do that the lender pretty much wants a completed building done so it makes it tough to build in stages. Yes you can cement and put a ceiling /liner in later but it takes a pretty good chunk to get it up and closed in. With remodeling you can spread that out over several years as funds allow and you basically still have the building to use during the time you are making the renovations. 

It certainly helps that I have great local Amish crews who I trust and can turn loose on a job like this. They know how I want it done and will do it however I ask them to. I ask for their input and expertise in situations like these but sometimes I want something a certain way and they will make sure they are doing what I ask them to do. 

They are great because they can do it all from digging to concrete work, renovations, building sliding doors or installing overhead doors or roofing whatever it takes they can do it all. They also have all the tools they need. Skid loaders with all sorts of attachments like grapple buckets, mini backhoe, trencher, hydraulic breaker, post hole augers, a fullsize New Holland hoe, JLG scissors lift, Genie lift and a large Manitou lift for setting trusses and for a large work platform.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)