AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying SB on 15 inch rows.... Post got me thinking.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Minuteman Farmer
Posted 12/17/2013 12:19 (#3525491 - in reply to #3525315)
Subject: Re: Spraying SB on 15 inch rows.... Post got me thinking.

We plant 15" beans on 20' and spray with a 60' boom. We spray with the rows vs across and in most cases you cannot even tell where the sprayer was and that's using a 4430 with a pull type sprayer. We've done this the past 3 years and run over far less beans that when the co-op did it. We don't have autosteer but use a light bar that paints a swath and that gets us back where we need to be when we turn around. I find it somewhat easy to watch my front right or left tire and keep that centered in between the rows and like I said it seems like we seldom run over bean or if we do they bounce back. This makes it hard to pay as close of attention to the boom as I'd like but no issues as of yet. Only time it's more noticable is on countour/side hill and then you'll see where the sprayer will track down hill. Even in those cases, less noticeable than the co-op in their 90' SP. I have considered turning on/off 2 rows on every 3 pass wtih the planter to make a tram line but I'm pretty sure I'd loose track and forget to turn on/off when I'm supposed and, if nothing is planted then nothing grows. If it's planted and I run over it occasionally that's still more beans out there than if it was never planted. That being said, we don't do any late season spraying, only pre and post.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)