AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere transmission in tractor purchase?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jfg5
Posted 12/17/2013 09:28 (#3525183 - in reply to #3524975)
Subject: RE: Deere transmission in tractor purchase?

I have some insight on the mid 90s and early 2000s era tractors. I think you will be able to find one of these in your hour range. I have a 7410 and 7800 with the power quad. The 74 has a 20 speed (left hand reverser) while the 78 has the 16. I got the 74 when it had 300 hours and the 78 when it had 100. Both have right at 3000 now. Never had a minute of trany problems with either. I looked at a low houred 7800 with a ps about 5 to 10 year ago. I drove it on the highway and it surprised me at how rough it shifted (imo). It was particularly rough down shifting from road gear. It was noticable compared to how my Magnums downshift on the road. I had two different Deere dealers make telling statements to me comparing the two tranys. One said it had only sold new one tractor in the 7xxx series with a power shift ( all the other were power quads). The other told me the power quad was the trany to have without elaboration(he wasn't trying to sell me one). I have no information about Deere's built after my 7410. I seriously have never been inside one.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)