AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New grain system, question about monitors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 12/17/2013 13:05 (#3525586 - in reply to #3525555)
Subject: Re: New grain system, question about monitors

I am in the process of getting quotes now for a pit as I am reworking my setup currently using a 5,500 bushel hopper bin for wet corn which works OK (big dryer) but with a 12 row head (got it this year) we catch the bin in the late afternoon so I am putting in a 12,500 wet bin, don't think I will ever catch that bin unless the corn is really wet, I am planning for a 650+ bushel pit as I am going to continue to use my current wet leg (3,900 BPH) as a larger one would cost a bundle and this one is only 5 years old and has seen less than a million bushels, and the one I have you wouldn't get much for it.

I am currently dumping with a Batco conveyor and is taking about 20 minutes to dump including moving between hoppers even with a 650 bushel pit think I can get my dump time down to under 10 minutes so that should help a lot. Currently am keeping up with one truck (everything within 5 miles of farm) but I run my tail off, if I can cut 10 minutes off dumping time I will take it a little easier on the truck back and forth to the field instead of having to drive like I stole it all the time.

Edited by Dennis SEND 12/17/2013 13:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)