AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phillips Harrow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Drew2010
Posted 12/17/2013 15:23 (#3525775 - in reply to #3524120)
Subject: Re: Phillips Harrow

NW IL
We dont lift when we turn either. And I 100% agree with the right and wrong way to fold. We almost always run ours in the aggressive orientation.

As far as seed bed is concerned, the harrow does a good job if the field is clean. As far as depth, I would say 2 inches is about where its at. While they can take out some weeds, if it is real weedy, we run the field cultivator, we even may run the VT if it looks like a lawn... our harrow gets ran on our chisled corn ground mostly... our new Case chisle does a pretty good job so the harrow loosens and opens up the ground. We also have used it to work in beans in wet holes...

As far as in wet ground.... thats where the harrow really shines.... if you can get across it, you will likely be able to plant it the next day... at low speeds, you can see the tines packing full of mud, which makes the harrow very heavy, but a few passes on dry ground at normal speed cleans them out fairly quickly...

We pull ours, i think its about a 45' behind a Challenger MT765C pulling it upwards of 15mph if the field allows... just have to watch it and keep the tines from hopping and bouncing.

We also have had issues with bolts breaking, but thats somewhat expected for a tool that gets pulled in the field upwards of 15mph...

Bottom line, we love ours... you can really get stuff done in a day with it...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)