AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD planter closing wheel brackets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cowhater
Posted 2/16/2008 17:37 (#311364 - in reply to #311349)
Subject: RE: JD planter closing wheel brackets

DE
IF, and I'm not sure about this you will have to check, if the 1700 series arm will fit the 7000 planter that would be the best choice if you want to run dawn curve tines. Dawn no longer has bearings for the 7200 series arm which is what I have. I would like to try the Dawns myself but I have installed the r-k products bearing kit where the metal bushings use to be to eliminate the metal to metal grinding and sloppy play. Once you get them set, you never have to worry about them again! Can't weld the bearing setup on the 1700 cast iron arm. They have the old metal to metal grinding bushings. You can put the schlagels on the 7200 arm which I think I will try one this year myself. I should add, the 1700 cast iron arm is much thicker than the 7200 arm at the bushing location plus cast iron is longer wearing than the 7200 steel arm so the 1700 arm and replaceable bushings would probably last a good while longer than the standard 7200 setup. That's why I put the bearing kit on mine. Not even sure if the 1700 were out yet when i did it.

Edited by cowhater 2/16/2008 17:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)