AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody here got a JD PR72B Harley Rake?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tommy
Posted 12/9/2013 09:57 (#3503945 - in reply to #3503866)
Subject: RE: Anybody here got a JD PR72B Harley Rake?

Iowa
I have bobcat "soil conditioners"- as they call them- so my help will be generic--

If chain drive, check all those components. (I much, much prefer direct hyd. drive). Check the bearing on the opposite end also.

If elec over hyd adjustment, hook it up and make sure all the solenoids, ect, work. Make sure your machine has the same type of electric hookup. Bobcat skids use a digital pulse, most other brands use normal 12 V, and they aren't easily compatible. The wiring harness for your machine will be pricy if you don't already have it.

If all the carbide teeth are decent, it will last almost forever- the teeth last a LONG time.

If it's not been used for a long time or has sat out, make sure the flat-faced couplers hook up and work correctly-they are also pricy.

Obvious overall looseness and wear should be easy to see.

Best bet is to hook it up and make sure everything works. That sounds like a good deal. Mine are Bobcat 84" and I gave around $5K for one that was pretty nice and $6K for another that was near-new- I think they are pushing $9 or $10K new.

Edit: I don't know Case's numbering system- make sure your machine can handle it, they're fairly heavy. A 1300 # Lift machine can run them but will not load or unload them on or off a trailer. You need about an 1800-2000 cap machine to handle them well and lift them up high (but mine are 84")

Edited by Tommy 12/9/2013 10:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)