AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me about Erskine snowblowers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ltfire
Posted 12/8/2013 20:52 (#3502787 - in reply to #3501608)
Subject: RE: Tell me about Erskine snowblowers

North Central Iowa

I had one similar if not identical to the one in 560man's picture.  It was a good blower and I liked the solid augers, especially when backing into a hard pile, it seemed like they would chew stuff up good.  They're simple and as long as the main gearbox seems to be ok, everything else can be had at any bearing supply place.  It's basically just a pto shaft, a gearbox, and a few bearings, sprockets, and chain.  The only reason I got rid of mine was I switched planting tractors and that was the tractor I used on the blower.  The new tractor has 46" rears and the pto angle was so severe with the blower down in operating position that I couldn't run it.  When I started looking at blowers to fix this problem, I found out that a lot of people had had the same experience and so there were a lot of the older, shorter blowers around and not much else that wasn't almost new price.  I finally found a good used twin fan, which is really nice, but obviously a lot more blower, too.  The good thing on the larger blowers is the pto shaft runs close to level with the bigger tires, so it's not such an issue.

Just for comparison, I think I sold my Erskine for $2000, which was the going rate 2-3 years ago when I got rid of it (in season).  Mine had a cylinder and cable for turning the chute, which probably isn't as nice as the orbit motor style you're looking at.  Even though mine was old, I don't think the flighting on the 2 augers was even rounded, so it hadn't seen much use (I only had it a few years).

HTH,

Mike

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)