AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking of selling my grain truck at Jack Nitz.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

billybob
Posted 12/7/2013 13:44 (#3498869)
Subject: Thinking of selling my grain truck at Jack Nitz.

Good idea ?? or not. 

It is a 1979 KW cab over, with a 22 ft steel silage box, 3406A.  I spend to much money on maintance. Good tires, new clutch, but something is wrong with the clutch now and they say they will have to tear way back into it again after only 1 year on clutch,  new starter,ect.  It just always needs something yearly.   Yes, I know other trucks will need maintance also, but I know we drove a Chev C50 for 120,000 miles on the same clutch, only put a 350 long block in it once, cost $2000.  Never did brakes or anythine else.  Just tires and oil changes.  Now that I can afford to run and I even did the engine swap myself. 

I see they have sales come up for constuction equipment on Feb. 12th, April 9th and June 18th. 

I was thinking of getting into something newer, tandem, more in the Chev. C7500 gas line, single axle with air tag.  Neighbor helps me harvest and he has a semi, so that with my tandem we get a good chunk done each day.  6 to 8 loads a day to the elevator.  Do about 650 acres of corn/beans per year. 

Anybody have a newer tandem they want to sell and move up to a semi ?  or Buy this wonderful KW ? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)