AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

changing wheels on tractor for 30 inch rows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 12/8/2013 09:16 (#3500877 - in reply to #3498242)
Subject: Re: changing wheels on tractor for 30 inch rows

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
Jd7730 - 12/7/2013 09:19

The typical way tractors are set up for 30" rows is to straddle two rows, i.e. 60" wheel spacing. Sometimes for spraying or for something where you want more stability, you might see them set up straddle 4 rows, i.e. 120" spacing, but here you are limited on weight carrying capacity. I suppose you might be able to set it up to straddle 3 rows, but I am not sure if there is a setting for 90" spacing on your wheels or if the owner's manual will even mention that spacing...I could be wrong on that though. If you plan to do any row crop work with this tractor, like plant or cultivate, they must be 60" or 120" unless you have specialty equipment as well.

I guess my thoughts on straddling 3 rows came up mostly because of the stalk chopper I bought..., also for spraying,,, As far as planting corn I'd still be centered and my markers on the planter would still hit perfect and the way it looks I can change the wheels to adjust easily to be able to straddle 3 rows. I don't do much lifting or carry much weight with the tractor except for if I chisel plow or haul a wagon of corn (300bu max) down a hill road or from the field to where I have my auger set up... As far as compaction I'm not to worried about that either as it's never seemed to have been a problem for me as I only have about 150-170 acres of grain crops and 50 of hay ground to go over.. I'll still call the John Deere rep and see what they say also...
Thanks
Kickapoogian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)