AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any way to quiet a cab down-year around
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 12/7/2013 09:26 (#3498255 - in reply to #3498205)
Subject: Re: any way to quiet a cab down-year around

White 2-110 would be my first choice.   2-105 would be next and can be found cheaper as they are older and more plentiful.

A White 100 would be an excellent choice also but you're starting to talk money there.

2-105 & 2-110  =  Good tractor, good engine, easy on fuel, 2-110 cab would be quieter than a SGB and a 2-105 cab is maybe not quite as quiet as a SGB but its a heck of a lot better than any aftermarket cab ever was and much easier to get in and out of than an aftermarket cab on a 4020.    Also a little heavier and a little more hp than a 4020 if that matters at all.  Much better transmission for a feeder wagon also.

2-105/2-110's with their 2 spd pto (you can leave the 540 shaft in and run it 1000 rpm) setup make excellent tractors for low hp pto operations as well.

Only thing they lack vs a 4020 is resale value.    I've never been a fan of buying a used piece of equipment with high resale value as its gonna be junk/shot/worn out when it leaves here no matter what it is.

If your friends are all JD men you might not be able to take having an off color tractor though.

A Belarus would be a step in the wrong direction from any US built tractor built in the last 50 yrs (maybe 60+ yrs), IMO.    I've been around two 825's enough to form that opinion and never want to own one.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)