AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LED or halogen on old JD 4wd I'm going to sell at some point
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 12/6/2013 09:58 (#3495724 - in reply to #3495439)
Subject: Re: LED or halogen on old JD 4wd I'm going to sell at some point

Wi
I know a lot of people like dealing with Larsen, but if you want to save money you can watch those 27w's on ebay and get them for less than half that price. They all come from the same place for the most part. The extra you pay with Larsen though is that its less hassle, US shipping, and I suppose supporting a US business in a way. Although the last set of lights I scored were actually shipping from the US surprisingly.

Most of the good deals are in packs of 10 or 20 and you would be surprised how fast you will use them up when you have the sitting on the shelf. I used my first 10 pack before I even put them on anything I planned on putting them on. Anywhere you think you want a light, you just put it in because theres not many hassles to installing them due to the low current. The good deals are generally shipped from china. It still takes less than two weeks to get them though usually. Make sure you watch the shipping charges though, some people like to advertise low prices but with high shipping prices.

Personally I think the 27w are fine for mild area lighting and put out more light than most old halogens, but they do not broadcast far and the light quality is lacking compared to modern tech.

If you can I would step up to some newer ones with Cree LEDs. This really is old tech if you keep up with LED's, but in the chinese economy LED light world it is "new" tech. The mounts and housings on these lights are much better as is the light quality.

Here is a link to what I recently purchased a package of. Not from the same buyer. but I ended up winning them for the equivalent of $20 each. I would use these style lights for your close by "area" lighting then get a bigger "torch" to throw some light out front far, or use a bright HID for that. Good luck. Rememebr you can always put some nice LEDs on, then take them off when you go to sell and replace with simple halogens, I doubt you will be out any money that way but remember if you put LED's on now it may be worth just letting them go with it as in a years time LED tech changes drastically.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PC-18W-Cree-LED-Work-light-Driving-4WD-SU...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)