AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hindt Farms auction.....anyone attend????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WeaveFarmer
Posted 12/6/2013 13:07 (#3496187 - in reply to #3493639)
Subject: Re: Hindt Farms auction.....anyone attend????

Boone Co. Iowa
jhal, I was the guy that hit his button one extra time and ended up getting the water trailer. My dad messed his drawers when I told him but I priced everthing but the trailer and came up with about $15,000 for everything but the trailer, and maybe the trailer is only worth 18K or so (I check it out and it is in decent shape, tires look like new tread to my eyes, etc.) so I did overpay, but was talking to a guy at lunch that has put together 3 trailers like that, and he said it takes about 3 weeks to round up all the parts and then get it together. I was hoping it might go for 22K, but it will last me until I retire I think. I've got a trailer w/ 2 snyder 1000 gallon tanks that I would sell pretty reasonably, with a single axle truck added for not much more.

140' of 3 inch hose at $6.50 is $910 (3' bumblebee is $5)
5 3' valves @ $90 is $450
10 male/female couplers @ $25 is $250
2 3200 gallon tanks, bands etc. is $9100
reel is $1800
60 gallon chem injector is $750
honda pump $1700
adds up to about $15,000 ($14,960 is what I get)

That isn't pricing the ladders to each tank, the electricity he's got running from the semi to the reel motor, storage box, and then the time and effort to put it all together. Anyway, our shop burned down Friday and i've got to add smart boxes to the planter before the spring, and I knew I wouldn't have time to do this project.

I think your numbers are about right....and if our shop hadn't burned down, i'd have been a little more likely to put it together myself, fwiw.

Edited by WeaveFarmer 12/6/2013 13:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)