AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fiat Allis 645B loader question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cheddarbob56
Posted 12/5/2013 07:59 (#3492631)
Subject: Fiat Allis 645B loader question

Southeast SD
I've got a Fiat Allis 645B pay loader and had an issue with it charging this morning while moving snow. I went out to start it up at 4:30 AM and the batteries would just hardly crank, so put the battery charger on it for just a few minutes and it fired right up. It's got a 24V system and two 12V batteries in it. We just put the batteries in new last fall and haven't had any problems up till now. Also this last summer the ammeter shorted out on the back of the dash and melted one of the pins so we replaced that and haven't used it much since. Then while pushing snow and using the headlights after about 45 minutes or so it just died on me (has an electric fuel shutoff) and then batteries were too dead to crank so out came the charger again. Got it going and back in the shed. Put a multimeter on it and have 24.2V on the alternator charge post at an idle but if I hook my ground of my multimeter to the frame and the positive lead on the + post of the battery shouldn't I have 24V? I've only got 12V. Any ideas where to start? Not that familiar with 24V systems so that's why I'm a little confused.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)