AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

J&M grain cart unload auger doesn't want to go up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

marbro1
Posted 11/21/2013 14:46 (#3459244)
Subject: J&M grain cart unload auger doesn't want to go up

Southwest Iowa
We've got a 2007 J&M 875 grain cart and it seems like on colder days, the unloading auger doesn't always want to go up. We put new ends on the hydraulic hoses. We switched the hoses from the #1 hydraulic on the tractor to the #2 and #3. The tractor, which is a CaseIH 7250, has plenty of hydraulic oil. But it seems when the temperature drops is when we're having this issue.

I forgot to get a picture of the hydraulic cylinder on the cart but I'll try explaining what it looks like. The hoses from the tractor don't just tie into the cylinder on the top and bottom ends to raise and lower it. There is a skinny tube the length of the cylinder that the hoses first go into and that is tied into the larger hydraulic cylinder. I'm not sure if that is some sort of pressure control deal that they put on their carts or what it is?

Just wondering if anybody else has had this kind of problem and what they did to get rid of it? We don't see any leaks but we're thinking it must be something internal on the cylinder or that little tube that's causing us problems.

Thanks for any and all replies!

Marbro1
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)