AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tysons Lay Off 1500 At Emporia,KS Beef Slaughter Plant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 1/27/2008 21:19 (#294715 - in reply to #294628)
Subject: RE: Tysons Lay Off 1500 At Emporia,KS Beef Slaughter Plant

Kansas
That's where we went this last december when there spending the weekend shopping. I don't know why I never found that western sizzler before. The food was good and the price was fair.

WF is right, the GC down there when it first opened was really good. They have since went to hell. Only place to get a good buffet in town though. Everywhere else is just burger shacks. Montana mikes is good but damn expensive and I havn't been to whiskey creek where the old country kitchen was but everytime I drive by there it is packed. Nothing I hate more than waiting in line while hungry.

We learned about eating at Braums in Great Bend. Dang good food and when you order an orange juice it isn't one of these 6 oz taste tester cups. You get a good large orange juice and it doesn't cost a kidney either.

It's the $hits trying to find a good place to sit down and eat anymore. When you do find one word gets out and it's standing room only.

BAck to emporia, That is sad to hear. I really liked that town when I was down there. People were friendly enough and there was business of about any kind you needed to take care of things.

Now I'm going to go mourn that the day of Zingers is gone with the wind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)