AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter marker sequence valve
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

olivetroad
Posted 5/2/2013 13:38 (#3075836 - in reply to #3075702)
Subject: RE: Planter marker sequence valve

Kingdom of Callaway - Fulton, Mo 65251
I wondered that as well. We had a couple of the lift cylinders weeping a little around the rams last year so we took all four off and had them rebuilt. While we were at it, we went ahead and replaced all the hydraulic hoses to them and also the marker lines. I guess we could still have air in the lines, but it was working fine when we pulled it out this spring a month ago.

I went ahead and ordered that valve just now and I am going to do away with all the electric things. We stripped it all off and when we pulled the harness out of the tounge, we found a couple of pinched ground wires, and I think the switch in the control box was internally shorting. Also, the black brain thing that is about the size of a deck of cards had a big crack in it and it is supposed to be sealed. International wanted over $1200.00 for just the three sections of wiring harness. It would be over $2500.00 to replace the whole marker control set up.

When I heard the price, I stripped off all the electric stuff so I am now committed to go the hydraulic route. I just don't know if I should plumb the valve into the lift cylinders or have it on a different circuit?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)