AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low rate on Walker Sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lanceIA
Posted 4/16/2013 15:59 (#3039953)
Subject: Low rate on Walker Sprayer

I can usually trouble shoot most problems but this one has me stumped. Looking for any advice that I can get! Heres my equipment
Walker Sprayer 100' 5 section boom
GS2 Controller
Banjo ON-OFF 3 wire valves out on the boom sections (5 total)
Everything else is RAVEN.
Pump is a HYPRO 9306S-HM5C
Control valve for pump is a 200 STD Raven mounted to a Brand 30GPM valve.
I am spraying 10GPA.

I have my min. GPM set at 14GPM on the GS2 to keep my boom pressure above the 10psi check valves in the Teejet valve bodys in case i slow down too much. Oh, I am running .25 HYPRO ULD tips (purple). When I'm spraying with 2 sections or more, I have no issues at all. My problem rears it's head when I'm spraying with 1 section and I'm driving on the slower side (between 4-8MPH) where I would be at the min. value of 2.8GPM (14GPM/5 sections) or slightly above that. 6MPH is the slowest I can go to not be over-applying. So anything under 6MPH and the GS2 should default to my min. GPM instead of rate control off of ground speed. My boom pressure will be anywhere between 4-8psi when only 1 section is spraying when this happens. At 10psi or below, my tips won't spray. It never happens if I am driving 8.5MPH or faster. It also never happens when I am driving under 8.5MPH and I have more than 1 section on. Seems to happen more often if the 1 section on is either end boom sections. My 3 concerns right now are:

I have a 30gpm Brand control valve for the pump. Looking on their website, It looks like a 15GPM valve would work for me as well. Would to big of a control valve do what I am describing?

I haven't played around with the control valve calibration number any yet. Still set at 2123. Should I be trying to adjust the 2nd & 3rd digit?

Bad flow meter? When the problem occurs, sometimes the GS2 is showing 0 GPM, and sometimes it's showing 2.8GPM. So I'm not sure if the GS2 sees 2.8GPM and doesn't want to do anything different, or it's seeing 0GPM and isn't doing anything about it. I plan on going into the diagnostics screen on the GS2 and playing around with some tests to replicate the conditions in the field when this low rate happens and see what the flow meter is showing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by lanceIA 4/16/2013 16:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)