AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CIH FM-750
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 4/14/2013 22:11 (#3036392 - in reply to #3036273)
Subject: Re: CIH FM-750

Paxton, IL
Ty, I forget what elements of the 750 you're using, but as I understand it, the new Trimble Xfill option is for use with full RTK correction. Xfill will use the RTX satellite correction to fill in for the RTK signal in the case you drop your RTK radio signal (around trees or other obstacles). I don't think that applies to your current situation.

I'm currently in the process of setting up my planter with seed monitoring through the FM750. I opted to update my firmware to v4.0 Friday afternoon after reading that the new firmware will add the option to have audible alarms when a warning message pops up on the display. This was something that the FM750 was lacking before and I wasn't sure how much I was going to like using the display for the planter monitor if it wasn't going to beep at me if I had a problem. Too easy to miss something on the screen, especially when the sun is shinning at the wrong angle and it makes it harder to read the screen.

I downloaded the software from the link that was shared a few threads below. http://www.gpsontario.ca/firmware.html

If you download the software, unzip the file and place the unzipped version on your flash drive. plug the flash drive into the display and power it up. after it starts up, it will recognize that there's a newer software version on the flash drive and give you options that will guide you through the rest of the upgrade.

If you're running v3.0 now, any field IQ software you're running should be compatible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)