AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

You can't be serious. John Mauldin on Cyprus and the EZ
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 3/30/2013 08:52 (#3001553 - in reply to #3001416)
Subject: Re: You can't be serious. John Mauldin on Cyprus and the EZ

Do you think anyone in the country is even close to paying attention to this? Rush likes coin names to poke at folks, but I'm concerned that with a country full of low information types, this stuff will just happen with nothing to check it. They only get away with it as long as we don't vote. My hope is that folks start running for office suggesting they won't listen to one special interest and their stated goal, along with doing about nothing, is to repeal a law per week. The problem is low info idiots will say 'where is my free stuff? I only vote for the people giving me stuff'.

Some would suggest these big entities just can't be fought, but I would suggest they dissolve about overnight with a simple "no, you can't have taxpayer money". Just like with the sequester, the equivalent of government bureaucrats will claiming without their bank, car company, union, whatever all is lost. They are right it will be uncomfortable and those who blindly followed along will have problems as all the corzines of the country try to steal anything they can get their hands on. A few years ago with the mfglobal theft it was understandable that folks with money in mfg accounts were surprised that corzine was stealing their money. Today, it should be expected and prepared for.

Leadership needs to change and frankly change fairly often. We don't need this kind of continuity of government. It's a blessing that our system is as slow as it is, otherwise we'd be the ussr already.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)