AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Still think Cyprus can't happen here.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/22/2013 11:26 (#2982972 - in reply to #2981979)
Subject: RE: Still think Cyprus can't happen here.

Pittsburg, Kansas

I did not notice any mention of interest rates or the role their artificial suppression of interest rates has played in creating the excessive level of indebetedness. Another thing I noted was the authors reference toward the end to Keynes proposed solution to trade deficits between nations.

I would think one of the solutions would have to be the recognition that following the path of Keynes instead Mises has got us to the place we are now and any solution that does not involve sound money and market based solutions that avoid artificial manipulation by governments is just one more episode of "kicking the can" instead of any real solution to the problem. Any governmental "adjustments" without true reform of the monetary, banking and market system will be no solution at all, but just another extension of the problem. Buying time again.

An interesting article, not that I believe their solutions make much sense, but because governments may believe they have merit and actually try implementing them. And that is the real picture we need to recognize. Not necessarily what real solutions are needed to fix the problem, because monied interests will probably prevent any real solutions from coming about. But what will instead be tried and how we can best protect ourselves from these experiments.

Thanks for the links.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)