AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

modem for trimble 750
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

IH1486
Posted 3/9/2013 22:30 (#2954113 - in reply to #2953813)
Subject: Re: modem for trimble 750

Minnesota
Trimble's DCM-300 modem will work with most carriers, you just need to decide which carrier you want to use before ordering. Some carriers use SIM cards, I believe those are GSM data format (I believe AT&T), and their are others like Verizon, that use the CDMA format for data transmission and do not require a SIM card. There is a seperate part number for GSM and CDMA data format carriers. Pick the wireless company with the best coverage in your area and go from there.
You can go with the Trimble data plan for your modem, but you are also able to set up your own data plan depending on usage. My area is predominately Verizon Wireless so that is the only company I have had to work with. If you set up your own plan, I have found it is easiest to just say you have a 3rd party device configured for a data plan through Verizon (I would assume other companies would be the same), give them the ESN (electronic Serial Number of the modem) and leave it at that. Tried to explain to one of the verizon reps that I was trying to steer a tractor with the modem and after uncontrollable laughing on their end had to hang up and try again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)