AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Equipment search rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KTinSD
Posted 3/9/2013 13:49 (#2953037 - in reply to #2952900)
Subject: RE: Equipment search rant

East Central SD
It happens... kind of depends on the character of the salesman/company. I had that happen with a large auction company that holds consignment sales and also sells machinery privately. I was looking for a corn head and they had two (supposedly nice ones) coming in the day I called. I was told that they were coming in that afternoon but he wanted to get a look at them when they arrived to make sure they were as advertised before I made the drive (about a 2 hour drive). He told me that he would call as soon as they arrived and he checked on the condition, and then I could come down the next morning and have choice between the two. The next day he called and apologized that they had been sold as soon as they came in - his brother was supposed to have called me. I was a little disgusted but didn't make a big deal out of it. The following week the brother that screwed up called me to tell me they had a couple more coming in and told me I'd "better get my butt down there if I wanted one". He said it in a very condescending way and I would have liked to tell him where he could shove his corn heads. Needless to say, I probably won't attempt to do business with them again...

On the other hand, I found one on-line at a JD dealer and called to see if it was still available, which it was. I told them I'd leave in 5 minutes and be there in 3 hours if they'd hold it for me. When I got there it was as nice as advertised and there were two other guys that had inquired while I was on my way, waiting to buy it if I didn't (no BS). Needless to say, couldn't negotiate much on the price but at least they stuck by their word. Sharp 893 heads were in extremely high demand in this area last year.

My point is that not all businesses stand by their word, but some still do....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)