AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AL Strip till Module ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/8/2013 06:27 (#2950258 - in reply to #2949434)
Subject: RE: AL Strip till Module ??

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
nhermanson - 3/7/2013 18:37

Ted,
Thanks for the heads up. I was unaware that is how it would handle it. I have never done it, but had plans to this fall. I have on order a twin bin fertilizer box, but had planned on running th same blend of product through both bins. I figured I would set it up as described.

Sorry for the thread hijacking, but how about using a relay in my scenarior, to switch the pwm valve leads and shaft speed encoder from bin a to b. There The bins are identical in size and distribution system, and they each cover all the rows. Do I use the multi product and set up each product twice. I'm just no set up real well to tend 2 different products and they are coming out of a blender at the retailer.

I'm leaning towards the relay method and using bin level switches to tell when the bin gets low. Unfortunately both bins are on one scale.

I believe your plan could work. If I follow your thinking you would be using only Bin A or Bin B at any given time. I would envision that the configuration would be setup as if you had a single large bin. You would have a shaft sensor, orbit motor and PWM valve for each Bin. When you decided to switch bins, a switch could cycle some relays to swap the shaft sensor signal line and the PWM output wires from one set to the other. A bin level alarm could be used to alert you when one bin is nearly empty or the container level feature and alarm might work well here. You can enter in the amount that is in both bins and set the alarm to warn you at various percentage points. A setting of 50% might be appropriate but I'm not sure if the system allows that high a value. There would be other ways that the display could keep you informed as to when to switch from one Bin to the other.

The switch to control whether you are working with Bin A or Bin B would be separate from the Ag Leader logic. It would not use any inputs to the Auxiliary Input Module or the current Ag Leader switch or switch box.

This would involve modifying the product cable so that the single flow cable be split into two branches. The output to the PWM valve would also need to be split into two branches. The relays would be inserted at these branch points. The trigger for the relays would involve a wire running to the tractor so the operator could flip between the two situations.

Multi-product would not be involved at all as you would only be dealing with one product, it just happens to come from two different places.

I think that the Raven Viper allows for such a setup and even switches from Bin A to Bin B at a set point on its own.

Edited by tedbear 3/8/2013 06:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)