AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How does your HRWW look on the Plains?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 12/10/2012 10:54 (#2743497 - in reply to #2741795)
Subject: RE: How does your HRWW look on the Plains?

Nc Ks.
thor - 12/9/2012 12:59

Some times when we are too close we get negative opinions of what we have done or are doing, I know Im guilty of it. I just got back from my annual pilgramage thru NB, Ks, Ok and Texas, while I am sure there are difficult areas, overall the ww crop looks dang near like last year, I know I started selling this upcoming crop when I got home. I have done this the last 3 years now, while it is a boring drive I have gained valuable perspective and hope to do it again. Just hope I can spend more time doing it in the future, This year I spent the night on one of you guys in Ks field crossing ( foggy ) told my wife where I was spending the night and she wouldnt believe me. lol

I can only speak for my little area of Ks., but while our wheat may look the same as last year, it's a whole different ballgame. Even though we had a mild, dry winter last year, we had subsoil moisture. We don't have it this year. The southern part of our county caught an inch of rain two weeks ago and that helped them a lot, but here when you go out and dig down, that wheat plant is sitting in dry dirt. If I were going to sell the crop now, I believe I would buy a call to give me upside protection.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)