AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reusing brick
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 12/5/2012 22:54 (#2735506 - in reply to #2735292)
Subject: Re: Reusing brick

Faunsdale, AL
The main limitation to using recycled brick is the time it takes to dismantle the structure and clean the brick. We moved an old house when we were newly married and settling down in the community. I figured we would hire a contractor to get it to the point of being able to live in it as we worked on it. Probably would work out better for someone that doesn't run a dairy farm and has more dicipline than me!

Anyway the first of our plans we recanted on was to use the old brick from the chimneys and pillars the house sat on. Cleaning a pallet of brick a couple feet deep was enough for me. AND the mortar was the old high lime stuff that you could just about scrape off with a claw hammer. The brick were very soft and sandy as well. Ended up going to a brick showroom and picking out several interesting styles and then going to houses that were built with those brick in the community. Looking at them in a house really changed our opinion of several of them. Those brick were the best thing we purchased in the process of rebuilding our house.

So, my opinion is the only way I would re-use brick is as fill in a hole!

(ALTWOOD HOUSE AFTER MOVE.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ALTWOOD HOUSE AFTER MOVE.jpg (55KB - 26 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)