AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

testicular cancer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KevinM
Posted 12/2/2012 15:19 (#2728758 - in reply to #2726724)
Subject: RE: testicular cancer? Survivor

SE IL

I had testicular ca back in 1993. Fortunately I caught it early and have not had any further problems. My uroligist had done his doctoral thesis on the subject at Indiana so I felt good about that at the time. I had radiation treatments after healing from the surgery (removed testicle) and then followup blood tests for a few years to keep an eye on things. I believe he told me that the cure rate at that time was well over 90% if diagnosed early. He said it was a very basic cell type and easy to eradicate/sensitive to treatments. At the time, I had never heard of it. Whatever you think of Lance Armstrong, he did more for raising awareness of this malady than any one person or group and for that I am grateful. I really don't care what else he may or may not have done. My uroligist told me of an eighteen yr old who died from it due to the fact that his parents were going through a nasty divorce and the young man didn't want to cause any more turmoil by bringing up a potential problem he might have (he had no idea it was cancer at the time). I was 36 at the time and the doctor said I was on the upper end (or above) age wise. He had no idea what caused it. I will say that that ca diagnosis changes your perspective.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)