AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7140 vs 4955
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

K-Stater
Posted 11/30/2012 23:29 (#2726040 - in reply to #2725995)
Subject: Re: 7140 vs 4955

We had a Jd 4650 MFWD and have had a 7250 since last spring. I like the magnum, but I think the JD rode better. The magnum has a better cab with better visibility. The soundgard cabs are nice, but they can get kind of short on space. I like to keep a few tools with me and the magnum has more floor space. Our 4650 had a 15 speed powershift and the magnum has an 18 speed. I like that the magnum goes faster than the deere. I think they are both good tractors. Do some research or ask your JD mechanic, I've heard the 55 series deeres had some rear main seal issues and updates were available, might be a deal breaker if you found a nice 55. Some people on here might get after me for comparing a 4650 to a magnum 7250. IMO from the small time I've spent in a 4555 deere it wasn't much different than my 4650, other than the dash maybe. Also the same with magnums, have drove a 7100 series magnum before and kind of the same thing with my 7250, not any huge differences. They are both good tractors. I'd maybe go with the one that has the better dealer support in your area. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)