AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CCS planter ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NDCRN
Posted 11/29/2012 02:00 (#2722769 - in reply to #2722707)
Subject: RE: CCS planter ?

Colfax, ND
Each mini hopper holds approximately 1/8 bushel, and a bag holds slightly less than 1 bushel...so theoretically two bags would nearly fill every mini-box. My experience has been that the CCS tanks always run out on a specific run or sets of runs as the seed in the tanks has a peak in the middle (a 1790 seems to always run out at the outermost row on the center frame.) When the seed starts to run out, the low hopper light comes on, and you will see it start to skip. Usually, you have to get out, and level the bottom bit of what's left in the tank (I use a broom.) When you engage the fan again, the mini hoppers will fill back up. If you need a little more, add half a bag to the hopper, set the planter down, and it will distribute it to all of the mini hoppers that have available space. If you wish to clean the planter out, simply disengage the CCS fan (it is part of the lift/lower circuit on a 1790, likely the same on a 1770) and the row units will run out roughly at the same time.

I mounted a 500 gallon tank on the frame of our last planter. While the 1770 bar distributes the weight a little better than a 1790, I would highly suggest avoiding the added weight on the mainframe. We saw huge yield losses on the rows surrounding the center of the planter due to the weight associated with the fertilizer and seed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)