AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tonites menu-putting steel on--pictures tomorrow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 11/20/2012 00:20 (#2707020 - in reply to #2706507)
Subject: RE: Tonites menu-putting steel on--pictures tomorrow - Amish and Petraeus etc

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Gary, your comment about managing the driver batteries reminds me... a good neighbor hired some Amish young men to help him put new steel siding on an old barn in the hottest part of last summer. The Amish declined my neighbor's offer of use of his battery driver and they used hand braces to drive all screws, in near 100 deg F heat. And there were a LOT of screws as you know.  Did a great job too, it really looks nice.

I have to say I am impressed by their work ethic and adherence to their principles. It would have been easy to use the battery driver on all those screws, especially in the heat. Maybe no one would have known, my neighbor wouldn't have said anything.

Thinking about it, the young Amish' simple adherence to principles seems like the exact opposite of the Broadwell/Petraeus/Kelly/Allen mess...  a thought that just crossed my mind.

The beef sausage and beer sounds good... but with WI cheddar.

Congratulations on the end of a long  and productive construction year, Garvo and crew, along with silage and everything else...

Jim

Edited by Jim 11/20/2012 00:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)