AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH turbo disk
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 11/18/2012 22:46 (#2705171 - in reply to #2704978)
Subject: Re: Case IH turbo disk

Sounds like he either had it set too deep or ground was wet, or possiblt a combination of both. Not turning up a lot of rootballs is one thing I really like about our 330. I like working the stalks with it in the fall then in the spring spray a bun down & plant beans into the stalks. It sizes the stalks well & the dirt speeds up their breakdown. Also have a nice, mellow seed bed in the spring that warms up quicker than straight no-till.

However, after two years of planting behind our 330 we are going back to planting corn behind a soil finisher. We feel the soil finisher leaves a lot smoother seed bed which in turns gives a more even seed depth. One thing we noticed this spring when the corn came up was yellow streaking on a 90ยบ angle to the direction the 330 was run. We think this was from compaction from the basket on the 330 bouncing. At night you could see the "bounce" in the dirt. WE also saw this, & the streaking, streaking in neighbor' corn where they had planted behind a Landol VT so it's just wasn't a CIH thing.

I never cared for the job a disc done but I think the 330, or similiar tool, does have a useful purpose. Just not toplant behind in our case. Others may feel differently.

Edited by boog 11/18/2012 22:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)