AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

K-State with a very good chance at a national championship now?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 11/11/2012 13:57 (#2690924 - in reply to #2690857)
Subject: KSU should be ok if they win out

Lubbock, Texas
with KSU at #2 right now and the golden domers at #3 the domers have Wake Forest and USC on the schedule

KSU has Baylor and UT

Wake and Baylor are so similar it is funny.....east coast private Baptist VS Texas private Baptist....Baylor is 4-5 and Wake is 5-5 and I believe based on the Big 12 Baylor would have the tougher schedule and be the higher "ranked" team (not in the top 25 for either obviously but Baylor still a tougher opponent overall)

USC is #21 @ 7-3 and UT is #18 @ 8-2 so KSU has the two tougher games left to play

Texas has TCU left before KSU and should win that one (never a given obviously)

USC has #17 UCLA left to play and I think they might lose though I think USC has the mental edge on UCLA and has for a long while......so if USC was to lose that game and UT was to win theirs then KSU would have the clearly tougher strength of schedule left and neither ND or KSU have a conference championship so that is a push as well

so if KSU wins out their last two games (UT will be really up for some payback in this game) then KSU should have the clearly tougher final two games to help their strength of schedule

Bama has Western Carolina and Auburn left to play so Bama has two horrible teams with pretty much zero strength of schedule left to play before the conference championship

to knock KSU out based on the above strength of schedule argument Bama would have to jump both ND and KSU while playing two teams that offer zero in terms of strength of schedule and then the SEC CCG

also Oregon has #14 Stanford and #15 Oregon State left as well as either USC or UCLA in the PAC 12 CCG so there is no guarantee they win out either and stay #1

from a KSU perspective I think the worst outcome (besides losing one of the two next games obviously) would be both Oregon and ND losing a game or getting passed over by Bama and KSU having to play Bama for all the marbles

I think KSU would stomp ND and have a very good chance against ND but I think Bama is a bad match up for KSU because the way to beat Bama is how TAMU did it with a very high powered passing game with big plays mixed in with a running game that has a QB that can run....I am not sure KSU has the longer passing game for that and I think that Bama controls the ball too long although KSU has ball control on offense as well and Bama would have to score more often than they are used to

if ND and Oregon were to lose a game and Bama was to lose the SEC CCG then I think KSU could beat pretty much any other SEC team

so unless the SEC CCG counts for huge strength of schedule and Bama jumps both ND and KSU (while playing tow tomato cans along the way) then KSU has a stronger two remaining games left VS ND and neither have a CCG
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)