AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thought some might like to see this video clip from my home town...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/9/2012 07:51 (#2687263 - in reply to #2686856)
Subject: RE: Like Paul Harvey said the rest of the story...............

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
I didn't really get time to finish my thoughts on this post as I had to run that morning. This county Summit has just spent and spent money. they decided to go to a 7or 8 person county commission from a three person. Then hired this county manager to run everything! They have been buying up green space land to speculate on land prices, using tax payers money to do it. Some have been getting filthy rich of the deals. So then in the next breath, they come out and say they are broke! Might have to cut some jobs.

Ben, this town is right off I-84, 45 miles east of Salt Lake City. Just before you start into Echo canyon going east to Evanston, Wyo. So you have the big Ski resort town of Park City in the county as well. It is a 145 mile drive for me to go check cattle or do anything. I've got my dad there in summers and bother there year round to help. We truck those cows back to desert in Feb. to calve them out, then back in May-June when grass greens up.

What gets me as it is still some what agricultural friendly there in Summit county. People still like seeing cattle, sheep and even mink farms there. But up here in my county in Idaho there is one farm that moved in from Utah that built a mink farm. It is a good clean operation, they spent a lot of money to do things right. Well they have been persecuted so darn much it isn't even funny! If I was them I would be fighting the county and filing lawsuit against them for slander, etc. It was started by one of the county commissioners because of a back door land deal for ground he wanted so he started this fight to remove the mink farm. So I've been telling a few when I get pushed out on the dairy ( I'm the last one in my county) I'm going to build a mink farm! LOL The mentality of people is so funny, one of those dairies that just quit in my county two years ago was jumping on the band wagon about this mink farm about smells and flies from mink. He's dairy was a flipping you know what with bovine feces piled everywhere, and of course flies don't live on a dairy!

I tell people it's agriculture, and we need to stick up for all of Ag or we will all be run over! Every weekend in Summit county in the summers it's bicycle races on all the roads, makes for major traffic problems sometimes, that's what I project we will get here in Idaho soon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)