AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPad Based Record Keeping Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FSAguy
Posted 11/5/2012 21:47 (#2680518 - in reply to #2680044)
Subject: Re: iPad Based Record Keeping Software

I talked to Aaron today, he informed me they are testing the next big release of the software. One of the new things it will do is use the GPS and pull a record of the weather at the time you make a data entry, for instance it will store weather data for a spraying application when you record that application. I have not seen it yet, but sounds like it will be a very good tool.

I have spoken with the regulatory folks in MS regarding pesticide records. I have the EPA number, chemical name, totals applied, etc in the database currently following the regs here for the customers here. It would be no problem to customize this for each state based on a customers needs. Like I said I already have the EPA number in the database for reporting as necessary.

As far as double entry, what desktop software are you using, I can export the data from this software into a csv. Some desktop software a will allow a csv to be imported I believe, thus the data would be easily transferred.

I have the majority of entries setup as drop downs, to alleviate any spelling errors and to reduce data entry time. Works very well.

Again, great comments, thanks so much!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)