AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Post below.....weather?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

trakman
Posted 11/4/2012 12:00 (#2677574)
Subject: Post below.....weather?

Central Kansas
It has me wondering when the cycle of dry, hot weather will end and get more back to normal. Here in my part of Kansas, wheat has tolerated the weather pattern pretty well although, current wheat has been in the ground and growing for 5 or 6 weeks and it's starting to show dry conditions. Spring planted Row crops have dwindled in yield every year for the past 3 years which in my situation, Corn has produced better than Beans and this year, MUCH better than Milo. I've about come to the conclusion to quit Milo. I, along with a lot of people have put a lot of fall harvested crops back to Wheat because of the drier conditions in hopes that it will make a crop on limited moisture (who knows, Winter and Spring might be wet?) and if it is, Spring crops will have a chance again on my farm, just not as many acres.

Back to my original question, would your best guess idea is that we are in for another drier year than last or do you think it's peaked and maybe will turn around in a few seasons when we can grow spring crops again here in the "Wheat State"?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)