AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rotor torque bearings on 2388
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 9/17/2012 00:08 (#2595074 - in reply to #2594929)
Subject: RE: Rotor torque bearings on 2388

just a tish NE of central ND
Compare you spring to a new one in height of thje spring.Check the cam for worn spots. It can be ground on with a hand grinder to make it smooth again. its not that hard, just use you spring compressor to remove the spring and torque sensor to repair the cam bearings. Check the bushings in the pulley and the thrust bearing(expensive little booger at over 100$) under that big spring in the pulley.
are you sure that it is the rotor belt or is it the multi grooved separator belt not running into the multi grooved pulley and hooking up?I had to grind the inner pulley V's off so the belt could drop into the pulley properly so it would hook up properly again. you can test you pulley by spray painting the grooves in the pulleys with spray paint. Spray all the shiny stuff as well as the bottom of the groove. run it for 25 acres and check to see if the bottom of the V grooves have the paint worn off, IF SO<<><<>the belt is falling in too deep and slipping. If the paint is still on the bottom, all is well .I used a hand grinder to shave off my pulleys .Works perfect now.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 9/17/2012 00:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)