AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Massey Harris Ferugason combines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BOGTROTTER
Posted 7/23/2012 10:41 (#2501425)
Subject: Massey Harris Ferugason combines

Kingston,Mi

I think this a better forum for what I am writting about that Machinery, a neighbor purchased the better half of a old gentlemans fleet of late 1950's to early 60's M-H-F combines,(3) 92's and a 72. He, his son and a neighbor are starting to restore the set at least to running condition. The original owner was a custom cutter in the Thumb of Michigan, in 1957 he had (7) 90's running in the fleet, with (2) single axle Chevy trucks, (4)200 bu. wagons and (2) IHC M's with M & W FireDome pistons. In 1957 it was supposedly the largest fleet of self propelled combines east of the Mississippi.

Dale saved the best machines from the crusher for less than scrap price and saved a lot of the associated history of the machines as well in the form of newspaper articles and photos. The year Dale was born (1962), Lloyd was running 4 machines and was the largest fleet in Michigan. I worked on the crew in 1968 and 69 when we ran 3 macines in 1967 (a Super 92 for Lloyd and 90's for Butch and myself), in 1968 we had 4 machines, (2) 90's and (2) Super 92's. My younger brother drove for 1 year after I moved on and Dale believes that Lloyd quit custom work in 1972. So some of the machines have been parked in a dirt floored shed for nearly 40 years.Dale hopes to get them all running , if not threshing, so they can run them in local parades.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)