AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 8100 low horsepower
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

deere dr.
Posted 7/17/2012 23:41 (#2491744 - in reply to #2490808)
Subject: Re: JD 8100 low horsepower

I don't think Tech379 is by any means "throwing parts at it" since he diagnosed that because the voltages are ok thats about the last thing he'd replace. I agree with the tech manual not being very good at giving you ways to diagnose the pump control system, especially the early ones. Myself I would look at the fuel pressures. Maybe install some clear line and make sure your not getting some air. I had an 8400 awhile back that was doin pretty much the same thing except it was only 20HP short. The customer had told me that he'd changed the fuel "filters" so I overlooked them at first. Installed fuel gauge and had very little pressure at idle (15psi maybe, i forget exactly) and none at full fuel on dyno. After a couple other checks I took off both filters and cut them open. Final filter was spotless but pre-filter/water separator was caked full of slime. Customer said he didn't know there was two filters. Were you checking fuel pressure at full fuel, or at idle? Either way they seem really low. I "think" it should be in the 40-60psi area.

Tech379 you go to JD Ag tech in Milford, NE?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)