AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Research on Ethanol-corn slightly higher risk-my opinion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 10/11/2007 08:01 (#217709 - in reply to #217693)
Subject: Re: Research on Ethanol-corn slightly higher risk-my opinion

I believe exports 'should' be raised slightly in view of the weak dollar & decent EU demand. I also think feed use should be raised. The TRICK is, USDA uses feed & residual category to 'adjust' for their past estimation errors.

The dollar is under pressure overnight. I notice a couple of interesting items: the open interest in Nov beans is dropping due to the Goldman roll, that is expected; however, the large cash/futures exchange in corn and wheat indicate we did pick up new open interest in both old crop wheat and in spot corn yesterday. Plus, Japan bot some wheat overnight & I see Morocco is in for 500,000 MT of soft wheat..this will be interesting from the standpoint Morocco has already bought approx. 5.5 mil bushel from the US...they have not bought a significant amount of wheat from the USA in about 5 years...if some of this tender draws USA soft wheat, instead of USSR...I would view that as constructive..they seek this wheat for Nov-Dec....I think an issue which has not been addressed by anyone on this forum is the possible quality issue for Aussie wheat..dry weather may reduce protein content in some cases. I don't have enough long corn & short wheat on to be concerned...if I had a bunch I would anticipate tomorrow could put me in the position of one foot on the dock and one on the boat..with the boat headed out to sea...we are in bull markets & with so many unknowns yet to unfold it is really premature to yet make long term hard decisions (as far as speculation).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)