AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cascade pan update for pre-05 Agco Axial
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

beh
Posted 5/6/2012 20:36 (#2372021)
Subject: Cascade pan update for pre-05 Agco Axial

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
If you have an axial Agco (Challenger 660/670, Massey 9690/9790 or Gleaner A65/75) combine that is a serial number prior to mid 05 the cascade pan update kit will not fit your machine. The update kit basically turns the pan above the sieves into an air-foil, similar to the precleaner concept. In heavy shoe load conditions the idea is to keep the chaff floating as it falls off the seperator pan instead of dropping a mat onto the the sieves and attempting to re-suspend chaff.

OK, so where am I going with this? If you have a machine that is before the serial number break it can built and help greatly in capacity, loss, and sample quality. I don't want to throw a number at it but probably increases shoe capacity in wheat by 25%.

I had pictures of what I did with measurements and things I would do differently when I built the unit BUT I lost the camera. I had my shoe out and took some pictures. It is really an easy modification.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

If you remove your old cascade pan and have take a pieced of 1/8th inch iron cut and break it match, and then drill holes in it to mount it in the machine it works well. I got a piece of air foil out of a salvage yard and subbed it into the middle.

The rest of the deal is pretty easy, just bolt it in. A couple things to that I wish I had thought of when building:

1. On the front edge of the air foil leave enough room to start the mounting bolts on the front lip. I ran bolts in from the front of the combine, through the welded nut and put nuts on the rear side to mount it as I did not leave enough room to put the bolts in.

2. You need to modify damper plate seperator, part number 71395263 in the class 7 machines (corresponding part in the class 6 machines). It can be found in the Seperator-Cleaning shoe upper frame and sieves section of the parts book under the item description damper, plate, seperator. It is part #7 in my book. All you do to that is trim an 1/8th inch off the upper edge and turn it around (that is exactly what the Agco part to replace it is, same angle and everything just shorter and reversed).

It is a pretty simple deal. It is not fun but I put my first one in with the shoe and sieves in the machine. With the shoe on the floor it would be a walk in the park.

I added the fan speed up kit this year--I will report back as to whether that is necessary or not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)