AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cascade pan update for pre-05 Agco Axial
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

beh
Posted 5/6/2012 23:30 (#2372465 - in reply to #2372439)
Subject: Re: Cascade pan update for pre-05 Agco Axial

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
I did not modify the pan for 2 reasons:

1. If it didn't work I wanted to be able to slap the pan back in.
2. I doubt that it is strong enough. There is not much to that pan.

I did get the factory speed up kit, the big money in that modification is the larger sheves. I did not see a practical way to make them. The different idler pulley plate would be easy to make out of the old one but I didn't see it as practical. You replace both the fan drive pulleys on the main counter as a part of it. It is a few hundred bucks but only takes a couple hours. The money is a bigger deal than the time.

Air foil, I don't know how much we have left. We went to our local friendly combine salvage yard and told him we needed material and he found an air foil that had the corner ran over and sold it to us for $20 bucks. I would think that most salvage yards would do similar for a tore up air foil. The material is available new from Harvest Services. They will sell it. I didn't have time. I got my incorrect kit (that was supposed to be correct), learned they didn't ever actually send the old kit to production (which I had been promised by Mr. Gleaner himself), built mine and was cutting wheat in OK all in about 4 days. My material was really rusty--finally getting it shined up. If I was doing it again I would order the material new to ahve enough width to go clear out to the edge to keep the trash build up in front of the funnel things down. I cannot see that it hurts performance I just don't like it. It hurts my pride to have the rust on the internet for the world to see :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)