AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

direct command sprayer setup problem on 4700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cotton880
Posted 3/13/2012 21:35 (#2285780)
Subject: direct command sprayer setup problem on 4700

Elkmont, AL
I was making the maiden test run with my new to me 4700 and direct command, ontrac, edge setup and noticed a problem. Everything with the autoswath, steering, and application record keeping is working great, but it appears on the screen that the boom is acting like it is hooked to the sprayer like a drawbar attached implement, instead of rigidly attached to the sprayer. This leads me to believe in curves and when turning around the autoswath may or may not turn on at the right time. I went back and checked all my settings and even reconfigured it all over again to make sure I didn't miss something. It even shows on the vehicle and implement tabs that the sprayboom is "frame mounted". Am I missing an easy setting or something? Or is this just the way the boom acts in relation to the triangle on the edge display? On my old 500 and ez boom on my old sprayer when you turn around the inside boom actually goes backward for a second as you make the turn and that is also what it would show on the screen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)